Urgent Database Administrator for Qatar
VAM Systems is a Business Consulting, IT Solutions and Services company with operations in UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, USA, Australia, Singapore & India.
VAM Systems is currently looking for Database Administrator for our Qatar operations with the following skill sets and terms and conditions:
Qualifications and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science from an accredited university
· 7 years of information systems experience on major databases like Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server etc.
· Exposure in the Oil and Gas Industry in preferred
· Exposure of managing operating databases, ERP applications, data warehousing, Linux Operating Systems, Storage & Virtualization technologies
· Good knowledge of telecommunication, network, IT technical environment and IT Security
· Strong understanding of core operations and IT requirements
· Strong trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Manage databases, servers, SAN storage, Linux and Virtualization work for client to plan and implement a secure corporate database and business applications environment
· Coordinate with the application team for any upgrade, migration, compilation, patching projects and implements periodic maintenance plans, critical patch updates and point release upgrades
· Conduct basic unit, integration and stress-testing on databases, at different stages of their development and fix any bugs/defects in-order to ensure that the delivered output is fully functional
· Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance
· Conduct problem analysis of server software and hardware problems, finding the resolution of server related software problems, LAN Server installation and configuration
· Work with vendor to install additional storage, performs analysis and design for clustered server resources such as SQL, GroupWise, NDPS and other related programs
Backup and recovery management:
· Implement, administer, manage security aspects of databases as per the industry best practice, including integrity of RACs OCR, monitoring heartbeat activities etc.
· Administer, manage and monitor the database backups (hot and cold backups to ensure the efficient allocation of database backup, storage)
· Maintain OS, application and database security (ORACLE and MSSQL) including data encryption, security logs, audit trail etc. to ensure a safe network
· Administer Oracle Data Guard and ensure the synchronization process between production and disaster recovery environment
· Script and monitor the backup routines for the enterprise databases and storage to ensure retention of the database backups for the prescribed time period
Terms and conditions:
Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 1 month).
The selected candidates shall join VAM Systems – Qatar and shall be deputed to one of the leading Organizations in Qatar.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at email@example.com or call us +91 471 3073535.